Saturday, December 7, 2013

Creativity

This was a very unique experience!  I really loved this lab it was cool to think about using $5 to jazz up a unit of instruction.  I found the lab extremely interesting and motivating!

On a reflective basis, I learned a lot about myself while doing this.  I honestly do not consider myself creative however when giving myself guidelines and a purpose then putting myself in a not so normal store when thinking about education..  The magic happened I was able to find a ton of stuff that I could see potentially using in my classroom!  The most interesting thing for me was that I had been in that very same store Monday to get shampoo.  That thing that blew my mind was how even though I was in the very same isles I never saw the stuff the way I did Wednesday.  I realized that I am not a browser, I go into a store and buy the item I went to get and leave.  I figured out that if I go into a store with a specific lesson in mind and not just the broad topic of school I have a lot more success!  So my new plan for creativity is to plan my lesson and determine the content I need to cover and then start to brainstorm ways of making it more interesting.  The final step is to go to a dollar store or even a thrift store and look for item that I could creatively relate to the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment