Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Journey

It has been a long and a short road.  As I am preparing for my final presentation, I keep wondering where the time has gone!  I have been here at Penn State for 3 semesters and it feels like I have been here forever and on the other hand like I just got here.

I know that I have changed and developed as an educator over the past few months.  The first lab didn't go across the way I expected.  I have learned to push out that smile and realized that I have show students how much I care and how excited I am to teach them.

I believe my biggest area of growth is planning, not the actual act of taking the time to plan rather the process.  I have learned how to effectively plan for instruction, the labs taught me about time management and the importance of student engagement.  Students need to be active in the lesson, you cannot talk at them.

The experiences we had with our classmates, in the end was more about identifying our strengths and weaknesses.  I realized that while somethings I did well I needed to have more engaging activities.  These labs prepared me for my experience at Central Mountain.  Micro-teaching was the highlight of my entire semester!  I loved every minute of it and it showed me that I want to teach!

It has been a good journey and process, however it is only the first step!!

No comments:

Post a Comment